Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Watch the Robot take your job...

Was planning on going skating today...that didn't happen, mainly because it looked like this outside.
Then it proceeded to rain like a mother-fucker, and still has not let up. It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow...and fucking 45 degrees. What the hell? It was close to 70 today, and shitty, but it's going to be sunny and cold tomorrow?? What the fuck kind of backwards ass weather is that? To top that off, I'm now at my job, and tonight my job is to basically sit and watch the computer to make sure the automation works. Basically, for the last few years, when we run sporting events, someone must be here to run local commercials, station ID's and actually twist buttons and do things. Now they are moving to automation, which is fine, most things here at the station, as at most stations, are now automated. This is why radio jobs are hard to come by. No more real producers, engineers, etc, everything is pre-recorded and automated nowadays. The fucked up thing is a large part of the hours I work are these sporting events. So basically I'm sitting here, making sure that a computer is doing my job properly so that I no longer have a job. Pretty fucking cool, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Why the hell would I have ever watched Scarface? I have read a lot of books about the Borgia and Medici families those guys were the original gangsters.

    ReplyDelete